Sunday, October 21, 2012

Today was an awesome day!
Homecoming Parade in Wartburg
It started early in the morning at the radio station of Charles City to give an interview to them. That was a new experience for me and it was very cool to do this together with Christian, Isabelle and Simon.
After this we met all the others at Charles City High School to start our trip in an typical american schoolbus in direction to Wartburg where we have seen the homecoming parade of their High School.
UNI - Dome and the Marching Band
Later we went to a small Mall where we stopped before arriving at UNI (University of Northern Iowa) - Dome.
 At the beginning we saw a the great marching band of their collage which was really really good and fascinating too. Of course we saw the cheerleaders as well.
 It was a good Game I think because the Panthers won 27:6 and did a great job against the team from South Dakota. It was good to feel the atmosphere in the Dome and to see how they support their team! I really enjoyed our time there.
When the  Match was over we had the chance to take fotos with the footballplayers and of course we did!



UNI Panthers

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that all the Germans got to experience a UNI football game! I have been attending those with my family for years and I love them. It is crazy to think how many people are in that stadium. I am glad that the Germans were able to come to Charles City and experience a day in our lives, doing what we do and seeing what we see. We live so far apart yet by just reaching out and walking in someone else's shoes we find out that we are alike in many ways. German class is pretty much back to normal and I miss having you Germans here to fix all my mistakes (which there are a lot of) I really enjoyed this exchange and I'm glad you could come.

    ReplyDelete