Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The fifth day in St. Ansgar! And the third day in an American school! The first day in our chosen classes, the first time in school without following my amazing exchange student Sarah around! Today was also the first day of the Homecoming week. You can see the pictures of it under my post. Today was "Twin Day". It was amazing to see all of the students in funny costumes. I think we should totally do something like that in Germany!! ;)
I'm still getting used to the American keyboard. It's just a little bit different but that's already really hard! ;/
Today I had Current Events with Michelle, Chemistry with Michelle, Steffi and Anna and German. In Current Events we talked about the latest news and the teacher has always a lot of questions for us german students.
Chemistry is like in Germany and really really interesting. Today we made Popcorn pop and have to find out why it pops.
I love America and the people here! It's so much fun! My hostfamily is really nice and funny and have already a lot things planned to show me something of their culture. And of course we already did a lot of funny and amazing things! On Saturday we plan to go to the mall of America!
Even though everyone says the school is really little I think it's still pretty big. There are just so many rooms! The gym is amazing! It's all in the school colours: Red and white.
They have a "Mac Lab", a room full of Mac computers! It's incredible (and really really cool)! I'm absolutely fascinated by the land, the school and the people! Everyone is so open and friendly and nice! My sight of America is it's actually a lot like Germany- just bigger!
I'm really looking forward to the homecoming week and the next weeks in the school and with my hostfamily.
We just got our St. Ansgar Saints shirts or pullover and they're soo beautiful and warm!
Go Saints! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment