Friday, October 12, 2012

This GAPP exchange has been one of the best ones so far! I love this exchange because it opens so many doors that I otherwise wouldn't be able to experience. In all my life I never would've thought that I could have a friendship with someone from a different country nor would I ever be able to travel to a different country, that's why i'm so thankful for GAPP. I'm glad that I was able to meet Jelka, she's like the sister I never had, honestly. The way that people were matched (exchange students with American students) up this year is phenomenal, everyone is so much alike. Jelka and I laugh at the same things and can even finish each others sentences, i'd have to say that we're best friends. My parents and I consider her family. I'm looking forward to these next couple of weeks together, I think they will be great! Unfortunately, they are going to fly by, but time flys when you're having fun. With the time we have left together we are planning to do as much as we can. Jelka, Jennifer, Luise, Christian, and I are going to the Mall of America this weekend. You're probably thinking poor Christian shopping with four girls! I'm looking forward to seeing their reaction to the huge mall! I hope everyone is having as great of a time as we are! Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. This entry makes my heart happy!!! Both Mr. Denefleh and I know what a powerful tool GAPP is for giving the participants the opportunity to learn about understanding other people. This exchange is about friendships made by host and guest, and about friendships made with family members, and beyond that, with other students in the school.

    I am so glad that such deep friendships are formed. It takes two special people who have outgoing personalities to make this happen so easily, I feel. It is something you both want to happen. I hope lifelong friendships result from these exchanges with many participants of GAPP.

    ReplyDelete