Monday, October 29, 2012

Although the morning was filled with tears, this exchange was the best! So, let's not say goodbye, because a goodbye lasts forever. Instead let's say see ya later. Usually, it's the Germans thanking the Americans for the excellent time. But, I want to thank Jelka so so so much for the great time. It was your great personality and warming smile that made it so great, really! Although, this time we had together is over I will never forget you. I never knew that I could create such a good friendship in such little time. The picture above definitely shows one of the wonderful times we spent together and the humor we share. You've now became apart of me, apart of my family and apart of my life. I'm looking forward to reflecting on this experience, and am going to use it to encourage others to get involved in GAPP.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so pleased to have had a part in making this exchange happen and being a part of such a positive experience. Close friendships and being a part of someone's life or someone's family will bring people together. (I saw the tears of love from each family member this morning as you parted) I feel this exchange was an excellent match of host and guest and everyone had the right mindset to participate in the exchange - that of sharing and learning. I hope GAPP remains with these schools for years and years. Walsrode, Charles City and now St. Ansgar know what a good experience this is. Long live GAPP.

    ReplyDelete