Saturday, October 27, 2012


Thursday, October 25 2012

Today was the day we went to Charles City. Jelka, Merle, Falk and I went to the Washington elementary school and taught the fifth graders about the alphabet, numbers, and colors in the german language. We participated in the gym class and ate lunch with the little children. After the lunch there was a thirty minute break which was outside. I played kickball for the very first time! Then we were picked up by our teacher and around four o'clock we went to the German Café. We then got to eat from a choice of a lot of different german cakes and bars. I think that I ate to much! After most of us finished eating Kendra, Lexy, Frau Larson and Frau Humrich arrived and we all talked and laughed and had a fun time.
While I was at the cafe I met a lady from Minnesota that spoke really good German. I found out that she lived for ten years in Germany in Hamburg and Kiel. She told me that her daughters are now studying in Poland and Romania. It was very interesting to learn that. 
After the cafe a lot of us went to the YMCA, and played some basketball, volleyball, and worked out on the lifting machines. It was a lot of fun! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching kids is so fun. It almost seems easier to learn a foreign language when you're young, rather than in high school like we are now. You'll have more years of experience behind you once you get into high school. We should start at a younger age here, when it would be a little easier to comprehend (kids are fast learners after all).
    I know the lady you were talking to; she's the pastor's wife at my church. She and her family have been to several countries, but they always talk about Germany the most. They love the German culture, and they love teaching me and a few other kids more advanced German sayings. Her daughters...I don't remember what they want to do, but I hope some day you'll see them in Germany.

    ReplyDelete