Monday, October 29, 2012

I wasn't sure that I could make such a good friend in the short time Sara and I had together. Sara taught me many things. Not only with learning about Germany, their culture and language. She taught me to be more open with people and to be more confident in myself. She taught me to be a little silly sometimes and I'm grateful for the time we got to have together
I have made so many good friends through GAPP and I am so happy that Madi got to become better friends through hosting together. It is sad to see them go, but I am also excited to have good friends from far away. I can't wait to send and receive packages from each other, skype, email, share new adventures and to see how our lives progress. I am happy that I now get to be apart of a few amazing people's lives.
No matter how many times I say it, I can't say it enough. Thank you for being good people and being open-minded to every experience you were offered.
My door is always open to any of you that want to come back. :) (Sara, come back SOON!)


I LOVED your Squirrel video and was almost in tears with the goodbyes! Last night was hard. It hasn't hit me yet that you are all gone. To keep our mind off GAPP leaving we all carved pumpkins together after the Farewell Dinner. That was great! It was funny to see their reactions to the inside of pumpkins. I sent baked seeds with Sara this morning and I hope you all got to try some. I forced her to try pumpkin pie, which she loved. (Told you.:)) We had a cuddle puddle (see picture) and talked about some of her favorite times here.

I hope you have a safe trip back and I am SO EXCITED to hear about your lives in Germany after the exchange and if they have changed at all!

1 comment:

  1. Priceless, precious and a very insightful entry that says so much! Thank you for writing this, Lair. Yes, we even learn more about ourselves from this exchange.

    ReplyDelete