Friday, October 26, 2012




October 22th, 2012:
Today I had to wake up at 6am because Sara and I had to give a speech for the Kiwanis. At 7am we met at Dave's Restaurant for the speech. First we had install a projector for our powerpoint presentation and then they told us when we had to do it. They sang a song and talked about some requests. Then Sara and I held our speech. In the beginning we were excited but after a short time we really had fun. They asked us some questions about the differences between Germany and America. When we had finished we had breakfast with Mr. Denefleh and one of the Kiwanis.
Later we went to school and we had a normal school day. After school I went home with Alicia and we did some things for school. After it we talked and ate supper.
We got a pen as a gift from the Kiwanis
I think this GAPP exchange was the best experience of my life. We got to know many people and we have seen many amazing things like Mount Rushmore. The way that the American and German groups fit together is wonderful. Everyone is happy in their family and I think some people would be glad if they could stay longer here, like me. Sure, I want to go to Chicago but I really love my host family and the people I got to know in this time. Everything I do with my family is fun and I have gained a lot of insight that will help later on. Alicia is like my sister and I really love doing things with her. Thank you for the great time Alicia!

Alicia and I at the footballgame


1 comment:

  1. I agree that the GAPP exchange is an awesome experience. I never hosted a German but I enjoyed having them here and learning about them. They taught me how to better structure my sentences. I hope they are able to come back here again

    Arianna H.

    ReplyDelete