Sunday, October 28, 2012

My name is Lexy Sliger. I am Anna's host. Anna was not living with us at first, but was soon moved to us. My family was not able to spend the first week with Anna, but when we found out she would be staying with us we were so excited. We spent a few days getting to know each other, then we had to send her off to South Dakota.

This past few weeks have been the time of my life, as well as hers I hope! We have been very busy with each other!! we have spent a great amount of time with Elisa and Kendra, her host. The first night Anna stayed with us we went to Paradise Pizza. We have gone to numerous volleyball games, football games, even UNI Homecoming football game. We spent a whole Saturday shopping at Mall of America with the group! That was a lot of fun even though not all of us bought a whole lot. Yesterday we started our day of somewhat early and went to Mason City to Buffalo Wild Wings!! That would be the second time Anna had that. She loves it (: Then, we were sent on a mission to find discount tickets to Valleyscare, AKA Valleyfair, our amusement park. We didn't find any in Mason, so we were on our way to Shakopee Minnesota. We met some really nice new friends from that area at Valleyscare. They showed us all the great haunted houses and around the park.

Today is our last day together...we both woke up really late this morning. Tired! We sat around the dinning room table and shared some laughs and tears..It was great. I will miss Anna so much. She is the sister I never had. And I'm so grateful to have her as a part of my life!

Today we will be resting for the first part of the day, our whole family has a slight cold, including Anna, which we are so sorry!! Then we will all be loading up the car and heading over to the Church in Charles City for the goodbye potluck.

I am going to miss all of the new German students I have met! Especially Anna!! We loved it! Thanks for sharing your students with us (: and thanks for reading! Have a safe trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment