Monday, October 29, 2012

Goodbyes don't have to last forever

Wow, It has been such a long time since I was last able to blog! I was having such a wonderful time these past 3 weeks with Luise, that there just wasn't any time to write.

I have learned so many things from Luise while she was here these past 3 weeks. I found it very interesting listening to her describe the differences and similarities between German and American culture. I also believe that my German speaking abilities have improved. I still have much to work on, but I hope someday to be able to communicate well in German. Maybe someday I could study abroad in Germany. I think this would be a wonderful way to use this language.

As I said earlier, our past 3 weeks were wonderful. We didn't let any of our time together go to waste. We were always doing something together. Some of my favorite memories together included ice-skating, teaching her how to make my family's secret pancakes, helping each other improve in each other's languages, carving pumpkins (we carved 4!!!!), shopping in the Mall of America, and just enjoying each other's company. Honestly, I loved spending time with her. I didn't really care about what were doing, but that we were just doing something together while she was here.
Ice-Skating!
I loved having these girls in my Lost Wax Cast Jewelry class!

Part of the family :)

Today, Luise and the rest of the GAPP group left for Chicago. It was not easy saying goodbye to everyone because I have made so many friends. It was especially hard to say goodbye to Luise. In just 3 weeks she has become my sister. I miss her as I am typing this, but I know that we will see each other again soon this summer. I'm so excited to come and visit her in Germany, as well as my other German sister from last year's exchange. Knowing that I will see her again in person soon makes it easier to not be so sad. I am also hoping to stay in contact with everyone else too. So lets not allow for goodbye to last, and that we will meet again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment