Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Leaving is always hard, but leaving with the thought that you wont see eachother again is really hard.
Yesterday in the morning, we left Charles City and Saint Ansgar under lots of tears, hugs and the hope that we wont lose the connections and friendships that we have made up.
For me, it was a great time and one of the best experiences I have ever made. My hostfamily is great and they made me feel like I was at home. All the other students, if GAPP or not, were nice, open-minded and I will never forget them and the friendships that I have made here.
To bring our exchange to an end, we will spend the last days in Chicago. Yesterday, we left our second homes by bus and drove about six hours through the country, had a short stop in Dubuque where we went up a hill and had a great view over the Mississippi.
The second great view we had after our arrival in Chiago. The group visited the Willis Tower, one of the highest buildings in the world, went up over 90 levels with an elevator and got the chance to see Chicago by night from I high plattform. A short hint: If you ever got the chance to come to Chicago, go there by night ! The lights and the shining, skyreaching buildings next to the lake are amazing !
Although I will miss the Charles City Guys and I am sad that we had to leave them, I am happy that we get the chance to visit such a big city as Chicago and I look forward to the next two days !

No comments:

Post a Comment