Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It feels like our German friends have been here longer than a week. Sara is already family! I don't think I could have gotten paired up with someone better. It's like we are the exact same person.
The first weekend was fun and I got to know a lot of the students from both Germany and America better. It wasn't our best idea to try and play english board games, but bowling, shooting, and seeing some of them ride a horse for the first time was great! :)
It's been exciting to hear about what Sara thinks about America. The first difference she noticed was how much bigger some of our cars are. That was funny to me. I've learned that we have an accent to Germans, which I wasn't sure of before. I've also learned that they have a dance with their families after graduation.  I like helping with their English and showing them new words.
All of the exchange students are very open to trying everything. They have such a good attitude towards being here. It's fun to here them pronounce squirrel and have them make me try to say german words. We laugh at each other's pronunciation.  
It is great to have them in German class. It helps me understand it better and I can learn it faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment