Friday, October 26, 2012

The last day at school...our quick field trip

Toeterville, Mn: The Unionhurst gallery
ATLANTA SAMPSON



Ms Humrich's favorite painting

Michelle's favorite painting



 














one of latest her works: a collage made in New York




Atlanta Sampson was born in Minnesota in 1896 and started painting with watercolors at home.
She studied arts and earned an art degree, she taught art and lived for a very long time in New York in a tiny apartment were she stored all her numerous paintings. She worked hard on having her own show. And finally at the age of 87 she had her first big show in New York.



2 comments:

  1. This is perseverance!! I am happy for her and I do like what I see here as well. The two favorite pictures I find appealing as well. Thank you for sharing. We are only an hour apart in distance, but I might not have known about her without this blogsite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved that panting :) Nice that you posted it!

    ReplyDelete