Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First day of school back in Germany

This post is for Monday, the 5th November 2012, the first day of school after the Gapp Exchange and vacation.
It feels weird to be back home. I'm happy to have my family back of course but it still feels different now. Now that I'm back in Germany I have to deal with all those "normal" problems again and I have to deal with a normal day again. Everything was a lot easier in America, it was like a whole new start with new people in a new country. No one knew me and they were just so happy to have me there! Then you come back here and everything is just like it has been before (except all the new stuff they did in school, now I have to work really hard!). As I expected it's very hard to come back to your everyday life.
Furthermore I really, really miss my host family. I knew I had a wonderful time with them and an amazing family but I think I really realized how lucky I was/am that I got to know them and that I was able to spent such wonderful four weeks in America when I came back home. Thank you so so so so much Sarah, Emily and Julie for making it possible! I love you!!
I still have a horrible Jetlag and am always trying not to fall asleep during class or just saying a proper sentence. But I'm sure this is going to be over soon, so it's not that bad.
I really, really want to go back to America some day and hopefully stay longer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment