Friday, October 5, 2012

04. October 2012

So today was an amazing day. It was my first day at St. Ansgar High School. In the morning I waked up at 6.00 AM. I didn't slept much, because I was excited for my first day at school. At 7.30 AM we took the bus to school. These yellow school buses are really cool. I went to classes with Breanna, my exchange partner. Our first was "Big Sister" there we helped kids in the age of four by doing things like drawing or something. After that I had "Currently Events". There the students read a newspaper and then talk about the things in it. The teacher and students asked us (I was with Svenja in there) some questions. One of the guys asked us, if we have "Mc Donalds" in Germany. That was really funny. It was lunchtime and I ate "Corndogs" the first time of my life. It was not as tasty, but eatable. I met with the other Germans in the library to talk about school stuff and how we liked our first day. The principal of the school showed us the school. The gym  is IN the school not somewhere outside like in Germany. And they actually have about 20-30 Apple PCs in front of the library!! I had chemistry after that. I liked it. It was funny because the teacher pronounced my name so funny. Even if ,so I think, Anna is a simple name. In German class the Americans planned some games which have to do with "Oktoberfest". It was funny too. For example we had to pick apples from a tub with water. Whith the mouth!! My whole face was in the tub! After that, school was over. I'm not sure, but I think it was 3 PM. We took the bus to get home and the busdriver already had know my name. I think she was excited to have me in there. At home I was so tired that I went to have some sleep. I slept 3 hours and after that I was still tired.
That was my first day at school. I realised that american school is completely different to german school. But it's fun as well. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :))

1 comment:

  1. what a great apple dunker!!! tell them Oktoberfest is for Bavarian only

    ReplyDelete